Have you ever wondered why some games perform better on your device and why some doesn’t? If yes, then you should read on this post completely. In this blog post, we are going to show some ways which you can use to determine the reasons why some games perform better on your device. Actually, this can be measured with the help of FPS counter. So, in this article we will show you how to use FPS Counter? Therfore, without wasting time, let’s start exploring.
How to Use the FPS Counter to Calculate the Game Performance?
If you are using an NVIDIA Geforce graphics card, then it’s quite easier to check the FPS rate of a particular game. But, if you don’t have an NVIDIA Geforce graphics card, then still there are a number of ways which you can use to calculate the FPS rate of a particular game.
Also Read: Best Games like Pokemon Go
1. Steam In-Game FPS Counter
There’s an FPS counter added in the Steam In-Game overlay which you can use to check the FPS rate. Here are the steps which you can use to see the FPS rate:
- Head over to steam>settings>In Game option.
- Then, choose a display position from the “In-game FPS counter” drop-down list.
- Now, just go and start playing a game.
- Once you play a game, then check the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Sometimes, it also appears on the top-right corner so check each and every corner of your screen.
Also Read: How to Play Xbox 360 Games on PC or Laptop?
2. Check FPS using the Fraps FPS Counter
FRAPS is a free video game recording program which has an FPS counter feature to calculate the FPS rate. If your game doesn’t have an inbuilt FPS checking option, then you must give FRAPS a try. Here are the steps which you can use to operate the FRAPS FPS counter:
- Firstly, visit the Fraps.com website and then install the FRAPS program on your device.
- Once it’s installed, then launch the program on your computer.
- Press the F12 key to bring the FPS counter option on your screen.
- From the right side of your screen, you can change the hotkey of the FPS counter.
- Now, you just have to minimize the FRAPS app in order to check the FPS rate.
Also Read: Best Multiplayer Games on Skype
3. Check FPS Rate Using the Game Built-in Options
There are a lot of games which provides you the ability to check FPS rate. This is one of the easiest ways which can be used to find out the FPS rate of a game. Here are the options which you can check in order to explore the FPS rate of a particular game:
Also Read: Best GBA Games
1. Video or Graphics Settings
Some games have an FPS counter option available on the video or graphics screen. So, you can check the graphics settings of a particular game to see the FPS rate.
2. Startup Options
Some games have some special options to display the FPS rate. If you have this kind of game, then you can check the FPS rate by just modifying the shortcut of a particular game. This will change the startup options of the game and then you will be able to see the FPS rate of the game.
3. Keyboard Shortcuts
A lot of games have set up some keyboard shortcuts to display the FPS rate. You can activate the FPS counter to see the FPS rate of a particular game. For instance, you can check the FPS rate of Minecraft using the F3 key of your computer keyboard.
So, Above are the best methods which you can use to check the FPS rate of a particular game. I hope this post will help you to check the FPS rate of your games. If you liked this post, then share it with others who are looking for the same. Also, if you have any doubts, then feel free to ask me in the comment section below.