Directplay is a feature added by Windows which ensures that the apps and games installed on your computer are up to date or not. But due to advance technology, Windows has ditched this feature, but still, there are some games which require this feature to run. So, how would you enable the Directplay windows 10 again? It’s simple, you just have to read this post completely and then you will be able to enable the Directplay on your computer.
How to Enable the DirectPlay Windows 10 Again?
There are a set of steps which you need to follow in order to complete the Directplay installation process. The whole process is divided into four parts as follows:
- Installing the DirectPlay Feature
- Switching Off the Anti-virus
- Running the Game in Compatibility Mode
- Run the Compatibility Troubleshooter
Also Read: Best Windows 10 Custom Themes
1. Installing the DirectPay Feature
- Press both the Windows+R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter “Control Panel” in the search box and press OK.
- Navigate and click on the Programs & Features to open the uninstaller.
- Click on the “Turn Windows Features on or off” button from the left side.
- Find the Legacy Components option and double-click on it.
- Mark Directplay and click OK
- Restart your device and it’s done.
2. Switching Off the Anti-Virus
In some cases, the Antivirus installed on your device can block the Directplay to gain the access of your device. If you are getting an error while installing Directplay, then you can uninstall the antivirus installed on your device. Here’s how you can do this:
- Open task manager on your device.
- Navigate to the “Startup” tab to see the list of all the options included in the Windows Startup.
- Find your anti-virus package and then disable it.
- Restart your computer and then try installing the Directplay again.
3. Running the Game in Compatibility Mode
Compatibility Mode can also help you to run old games on your device. The compatibility lets your device to utilize the settings from the old Windows OS. So, here are the steps which you can use to enable the compatibility mode on your device.
- Open the Taskbar on your Windows device.
- Select and open the folder which includes the game.exe file.
- Right-click on the folder and then select “properties” from the available options.
- Navigate to the “Compatibility” Mode and enable the “Run this program in Compatibility Mode” option.
- Now, you just have to select an earlier Windows OS from the drop-down list.
- After that, enable the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
4. Run the Compatibility Troubleshooter
Windows also has a compatibility troubleshooter which makes sure there’s nothing wrong with the game. It can be used to resolve any compatibility issues. Here are the steps which you can use to run the compatibility troubleshooter:
- Search “Compatibility” in the Windows search box.
- Select Run programs which are made for earlier Windows OS option.
- Click on the “Advanced” option and select Run as an administrator option.
- Click Next and then choose a listed game on the next screen.
- After selecting the game, click the next button to proceed.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
So, Above are the steps which you need to follow in order to enable the Directplay windows 10 again. I hope this guide will help you to enable the direct play windows 10 again. If you loved this article, then share it with your friends, family, and relatives. Also, if you have any kind of issues, then feel free to connect with us through the comment section below.